Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Selfishness (2009)


www.covchurch.org/cov/news/item6225 (2009)

It's either very late in the evening or very early in the morning. Typical nightowl behavior for me. I just can't let today go buy without reflecting on the incredible blessing and provision of God. He is truley our provider. Jon and I have been really suffering financially for a long time. When my mother died in January the money and the time went so fast. Because of her death a deep despair took hold of me and it seemed every source of help and caring was touched and taken away. Why? In the last 6-7 months, my Mother died, our Marriage came under attack, our finances bottomed out and my husband totaled our van that we needed to help clear stuff out of my Mother's home so the bank can take it back. Even my therapist stopped seeing us because she just couldn't go on anymore without pay. I just felt devistated. But glory be to God He has heard our prayer. My Mother's life insurance came through this week and jump started our weakened personal economy. I had to make a sacrifice. The only thing I had left of value was my Mother's sterling silver flatware. Since my Mother's house was just dragging us down financially, I made a tearful decision to polish it off and let it go, so I could get the moving van for the last of the stuff that needs to be moved. We went by the mail box. No checks. So off to the silver and gold dealer we went. I sold that silver because it was the only way we could finish my Mom's estate, and also Jon wanted to drive to San Diego for a family get together and there was no time left. We had already missed the funeral of a dear friend because we had no money for gas. I decided that I was not going to be selfish about the silver any more. I sold it, and on the way back my husband who relently checks our mail twice a day, stopped by the box again. This time there was a letter from the life insurance, we would have our money in a week or less. All this in the difference of only an hour. We got the funds in record time two days later.... today.

This time we are ready with a list of how we are going to use the funds. The day we sold the silver, I decided to tithe and we went to a church service that night and did it. Malici proves God's plan for provision again. I don't care what I have to give up in the future. Tithing comes first. It's God's plan for blessing unleashed. The true nature of the tithe is to break up strong holds of selfishness in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment