Monday, August 7, 2017

The State of the Church

I can only report on my own experience from my little corner of the world.  I have attended many churches from large, even mega churches to small and I can offer only a mixed report.  As I wrote in my previous post  I do a lot of research on the internet and will include that as a secondary source.  I have learned about what is called the emerging or post-modern movement as it is, and am not completely against  it.  However I would say that from my own heart to proceed with caution. 

The best way describe the state of the church in light of it's post-modern condition is Amalgumated.  Jesus is in there somewhere in the American spiritual melting pot of the 21st century, but He, the Biblical  Christ,  is more difficult to find. When I looked up the word "Amalgum" one of the more interesting definition was ...a blend of the traditional and modern." That was the same problem Jesus had in his time and it led to His crucifiction.

So here we are 2000 plus since Jesus ascended to His Father.  Globally the body of Christ is thriving under intense persecution, as it has since it began.  In America we are seeing only the beginnings of opression.  There a few words I rcan use to describe the state of the American church: decieved and lukewarm.  As sad as this is, there will always remain a faithful remnant, the church within the church.  It is my desire to remain within that remnant of the faithful and to encourage my brothers and sisters in Christ to follow Jesus where ever He leads.

P.S.  I would love to hear from you in the comments about what your experiences are in your church. Lets hold each other up in the basics of our Faith and in Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment