Thursday, August 6, 2009

....a willing spirit. (8/6/2009)

Last night at church the pastor read from Psalm 51. I quickly read through it and what drew may attention was verse 12 "Restore to me the joy of your Salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me." I think the idea that a willing spirit can sustain is curious. Food sustains our body but willingness sustains the soul. How is that possible? Hmm. I know when I am stubborn, which is sometimes the case, I find myself pushing against things I can't change. I resist, and put up a fight when I don't want to do something, go somewhere, or endure a situation. If another person is also resisting I find myself going hand to hand against a brick wall. I think Jesus said it best when he asked Saul why he was kicking against the thorns. Ouch. That hurts. So today my goal is to receive from God a will spirit to sustain me.

No comments:

Post a Comment